Lacprodan® DI-2021 is a hydrolysate that contains at least 22% casein phosphopeptides (CPP). A natural component of milk casein, these bioactive peptides are known to influence calcium absorption. The high CPP concentration of Lacprodan® DI-2021 makes it ideal for promoting calcium bioavailability.
Studies of CPP have documented this high capacity to form soluble complexes with calcium at lumen pH2 and the ability to increase calcium absorption from some diets1.
In vitro and in vivo studies (in rats) have found that CPP are beneficial for:
- Bone calcification and health2
- Increased calcium absorption3
- Increased calcium availability in bone4
- Reduced bone degradation5
CPP content of stage 1-3 formulas
CPP is a nutrient fortifier regulated by the Chinese food safety standard GB 14880-2012, which allows a maximum dosage of 0.3% for children up to three years of age.
- Hansen et al. 1997. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 24; 56-62)
- Liu et al. 2018. Food Funct. 9; 2251-2260
- Tulipano et al. 2010. Regulatory Peptides. 160; 168-174, Donida et al. 2009. Peptides. 30; 2233-224, Mora-Gutierrez et al. 2007. J Dairy Res. 74 ; 356-366, Tsuchita et al. 2001. Br J Nutr. 85; 5-10
- Mora-Gutierrez et al. 2007. J Dairy Res. 74 ; 356-366, Tsuchita et al. 2001. Br J Nutr. 85; 5-10
- Liu et al. 2017. Food Funct. 8; 4487-4495