From niche to mainstream
In the early days of sports nutrition, it was a niche segment targeting elite athletes and bodybuilders who mostly purchased protein powders. Today, sports nutrition products are moving from their original consumer group towards the mainstream casual consumer.
This development has been driven by improved consumer education about the health benefits of sports nutrition products. At the same time, novel, convenient and tasty applications have been developed that are closer to mainstream products. These include ready to drink beverages, high protein bars and cookies - all of which have a higher level of acceptance among casual users than traditional protein powders.
Arla Foods Ingredients specialises in providing the highest quality whey protein and whey-derived speciality ingredients for highly nutritious, performance-proven food and drink solutions. Combined with our application technology across drinks, bakery and functional solutions, we add value to your business by helping you improve your product range and achieve superior quality.
All our sports nutrition ingredients are kosher and halal certified.
Ingredients designed to deliver functionality and performance
Our high-quality whey proteins include whey protein concentrates, whey protein isolates and whey protein hydrolysates. They offer:
- Superior health benefits for sports nutrition
- Superior nutritional quality, rich in all essential amino acids and branched-chain amino acids
- Stimulate muscle growth and regeneration more effectively than other protein sources
- Support healthy weight and body composition
- Support healthy bones
- Due to their digestibility and rapid absorption, whey protein hydrolysates speed up muscle recovery for enhanced performance
- The unique amino acid composition of alpha-lactalbumin provides additional benefits for enhanced overnight recovery, weight management and greater antioxidant capacity
- Taste advantage compared to other protein sources
- Versatility in a wide range of applications, including powders, drinks, gels and bars
- Whey protein isolates and whey protein hydrolysates offer additional benefits for clear, high-protein beverages and protein bars with an improved shelf life and texture
Our unique milk mineral concentrate Capolac® is a rich source of highly bioavailable calcium, phosphorous and magnesium offering:
- Health benefits for sports nutrition products
- Healthy bones
- Good muscle function
- Support for a healthy weight
- Taste advantage compared to other calcium sources