Whey protein concentrate – maintaining the body’s protein requirements
An adequate protein intake is paramount to maintaining a healthy body with the capacity to handle the challenges of everyday life. It provides the body with the substrate necessary to preserve and build vital tissues and muscle mass, thereby maintaining the body in protein balance. Throughout the day, there is a constant turnover of protein taking place in the body, where protein is broken down and synthesised. The muscles in the human body account for up to 50% of the entire protein turnover.
When health is compromised by an illness or disease, maintaining the body’s protein requirements will help promote recovery. Whey proteins have long been recognised as an outstanding protein source because of their high protein quality. This high quality is based on the easy digestibility of whey proteins and the fact that they have the highest content of essential amino acids compared to other protein sources.
- Lacprodan® DI-7017: UHT stable whey protein concentrate with a lactose content < 2% and 76% protein concentrate approx. dry matter
- Lacprodan® DI-8090: standard whey protein concentrate
- Lacprodan® SP-8011: Instant whey protein concentrate with 80% protein concentrate approx. dry matter
- Lacprodan® DI-8790: whey protein concentrate with 87% protein concentrate approx. dry matter
- Lacprodan® DI-8702: whey protein concentrate with lactose content < 0.2% and 87% protein concentrate approx. dry matter