An adequate protein intake is paramount in maintaining a healthy body with the capacity to handle the challenges of everyday life. It provides the body with the substrate necessary to preserve and build vital tissues and muscle mass, thereby maintaining the body in protein balance. Throughout the day, there is a constant turnover of protein taking place in the body, where protein is broken down and synthesised. The muscles in the human body account for up to 50 % of the entire protein turnover.
When health is compromised by an illness or disease, maintaining the protein requirements of the body will help promote its recovery. Whey proteins have long been recognised as an outstanding protein source because of their high protein quality. The high protein quality of whey proteins is based on the fact, that whey proteins are easily digestible and have the highest content of the essential amino acids compared to other protein sources.
- Lacprodan® DI-7017: UHT stable whey protein concentrate with a lactose content < 2% and 76% protein concentrate approx. dry matter
- Lacprodan® DI-8090: standard whey protein concentrate
- Lacprodan® SP-8011: Instant whey protein concentrate with 80% protein concentrate approx. dry matter
- Lacprodan® DI-8790: whey protein concentrate with 87% protein concentrate approx. dry matter
- Lacprodan® DI-8702: whey protein concentrate with lactose content < 0.2% and 87% protein concentrate approx. dry matter