Today’s consumers are increasingly health conscious, yet many have sedentary urban lifestyles. To improve their health and wellbeing, many consumers are looking to their diet and lifestyle choices.
Nutrition is a powerful tool for maintaining a healthy weight through a healthy body composition:
A healthy body composition refers to the right balance between fat and fat-free masses, particularly muscle. It is important for optimal body function, mobility, vitality and quality of life. Individuals with an unhealthy body composition may suffer from obesity, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular diseases and sarcopenia.
A healthy weight can be achieved by modifying fat and muscle mass through nutrition and physical activity.
Nutrition is key to support a physically active lifestyle:
- Irrespective of age and gender, modern consumers have high expectations of their physical ability to lead an active lifestyle.
- Optimal nutritional support is essential to obtaining an ideal physique, ensuring optimal recovery from training sessions, improving performance and staying healthy and injury-free.
Nutrition may support mental and physical wellbeing:
- There is a link between positive mood, feeling good, health and longevity.
- Tailored nutritional support may improve a mental and physical wellbeing.
We offer high-quality natural whey proteins and milk-derived minerals with documented health benefits for use in tasty, healthy and convenient food products that meet the needs of a busy, active lifestyle.
Natural whey proteins
Our whey proteins offer a range of health benefits:
- Superior nutritional quality, rich in all essential amino acids and branched chain amino acids
- Stimulate muscle growth and regeneration more effectively than other protein sources
- Support healthy weight and body composition
- Help stabilise blood glucose levels after a meal
- More satiating than carbohydrates and fats
Rich source of milk minerals
Our milk mineral concentrate Capolac® is a rich source of highly bioavailable calcium, phosphorous and magnesium, supporting:
- Healthy bones
- Muscle function
- Body composition
Alpha-lactalbumin for well-being
Our alpha-lactalbumin ingredients offer a natural way to formulate foods that boost well-being by strengthening the body’s serotonin production.
- Alpha-lactalbumin has a high content of the essential amino acid tryptophan, which is the precursor of the neurotransmitter serotonin. Serotonin has pleiotrophic effects, implicated in mood control, sleep regulation, cognitive performance and the ability to cope with stress. Serotonin is also a precursor of melatonin, the hormone involved in the sleep-wake cycle.