We have defined three initial target areas for our work to make healthier food more widely available to vulnerable consumers in developing countries:
- dairy products that promote better health at the most affordable price
- nutritional powder mixes that combat malnutrition among specific consumer groups
- ready-to-use supplementary foods of high nutritional quality for faster recovery from moderate acute malnutrition
Whey permeate and whey protein are relevant ingredients within all three areas. Our objective is to help stimulate local supply chains in close collaboration with our partners.
Such efforts are aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, in particular:
- No. 2: to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture.
- No. 8: to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- No. 12: to ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns