From discovery to commercialisation
We’re ambitious about milk-derived ingredients that promote nutrition.
Fortunately, such raw materials are naturally rich in proteins, lipids, oligosaccharides, minerals and vitamins – holding huge potential for being applied in a wide range of food categories.
Arla Foods Ingredients’ nutrition science capabilities and directions are guided by a long-term research and development strategy, based on the potential of our raw materials, global nutrition trends and health challenges.
Our current strategy broadly focuses on:
- Allergy management and prevention
- Cognitive development and performance
- Gastrointestinal health
- Healthy growth and programming
- Inborn errors of metabolism
- Bone health
- Metabolic health and diabetes
- Sports performance and exercise
Our nutrition science activities cover every stage in our value chain from discovery to development and commercialisation.
Value delivered with Nutrition Science
Over the years, we have discovered and delivered a lot of valuable food ingredients – providing benefits for a broad range of consumers with different needs, ranging from infant nutrition to complex medical challenges, to providing healthy, indulgent foods and beverages that can increase the quality of people’s lives.
- Brain development in infants
- Elderly at risk of bone and muscle loss
- Lifting endurance performance in athletic pursuits
- Managing infant allergies
- Patients in need of specially formulated diets
- Protein-enriched, indulgent dairy products for health-conscious consumers
- Supporting immune maturation in infants
- Type 2 diabetes patients